It's that time of year again and I am busy organizing my home and getting ready to clean for Passover. As we all know trying to eat healthy food on Passover is hard. There just seems to be so much junk food out there. While this does have some sugar in it, these raspberry bars are full of nuts and coconut and are very filling. My husband and son love these for a snack but you can also serve them for dessert or even for breakfast.
1 and 3/4 cups fine almond flour
1/4 tapioca starch/flour (or potato starch)
1 cup of shredded coconut
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup demerara or regular sugar
1/3 cup raspberry or apricot jam
Oil to grease pan
Tapioca or potato starch to dust pan
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly oil and dust with tapioca or potato starch the 8x8 pan.
2. Combine almond flour, coconut and salt in a bowl. In separate bowl combine eggs and sugar. Add the sugar and eggs to the dry ingredients and combine.
5. Cover the bottom of the pan with half of the dough.
6. Spread the jam over the dough in the pan.
7. Using a teaspoon make small irregular balls of the dough on the tip of the spoon and put in on top of the jam.
8. Cover the jam with the balls leaving some small spaces. Then wet a tablespoon and shake off the excess water. Pat down the top of the small ball so there are no peaks that might burn. Bake at 350 for 35 minutes or until the top is golden.