Sunday, March 24, 2013
Grain Free Apple Kugel (Kosher For Passover)
This is an easy apple kugel recipe that I make all year round. It can be served for either works for breakfast, a snack, a side dish or even dessert.
3 to 4 macintosh apples sliced.
3/4 cup almond flour
1/4 cup of any kind of sugar (When it's passover I use turbinado or demarara and when it's not Passover I use sucanat or palm sugar)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Peel and slice apple and put them in a bowl of cold water.
3. Combine dry ingredients in a bowl.
4. Beat the egg and add to the dry ingredients.
5. Add the vanilla and mix until combined.
6. Drain the apple and pat dry. Mix them into the batter.
7. Pour into an 8x8 pan and bake for 35 to 40 minutes until golden.