It's hard to believe that it's been almost seven weeks since Passover. Shavuot, which commemorates the giving of the Torah on Mount Sinai, is almost here. Of all the Jewish holidays Shavuot is my favorite. One of the customs of Shavuot is to decorate the Synagogue and home with flower. These tissue flowers are a perfects craft for this holiday. They are easy (all of my kids were able to do at least some of this) and quick an you can find everything you need at your local stationary store.
Green pipe cleaners
1. Cut your tissue paper into eighth.
2.Take six of the pieces of the tissue paper and fold them up like a paper fan.
3. Fold the tissue paper in half.
4. Use a pencil to draw a rounded edge and then cut a rounded edge. You can also do a pointed edge, double rounded edge or a double pointed edge (or any other shape you can think of!).
5. Cut 2 pieces off the bottom of the folded tissue paper.
6. Open up and attach the pipe cleaner.
7. Spread out the fanned tissue paper and gently pull up the pieces.