Crafts: Mishloach Manot Cans
I love crafting with tissue paper. My favorite thing to do with it is to Modge Podge it on to things. I have lots of coffee cans in my recycling bin and I thought that they would make cute containers for our Mishloach Manot this year. I decided that the girls and I would decorate some white contact paper with tissue paper and Modge Podge and this was the result. Below is a quick tutorial:
Here's what you need
Empty coffee cans with removable paper labels
White contact paper
Colored tissue paper
Modge Podge (I used glossy but matte also looks nice)
1. Take the label off the cans and then measure the can with a tape measure. Use the measurements to cut out white contact paper that will fit over the can and completely cover it.
2. Cut out the contact paper with a scissors or use a craft knife on a self healing mat.
3. Cut the tissue paper that you are going to use into small (but not tiny) squares. Don't make them all the exact same size.
4. Start Modge Podging the tissue paper on to the contact paper you cut out. You can layer the pieces on top of each other and create different shades shapes and colors. When it is totally covered let it dry.
5. When the contact paper is dry gently roll the paper so that it will "mold" around the can.
6. Strip the backing off the contact paper and stick it on the can.
7. Fill with yummy treats!